With its own entrance from the seafront, this self contained studio apartment includes an ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, central heating (set to come on during non working hours - If you do shift work and need the heating on outside these hours you may have to pay more), single day bed, standard heating and hot water included for normal usage, metred electricity, 2 wash and dry loads per week (by arrangement as the laundary facilities are upstairs in my area) and wifi for £440 per calendar month. The Studio is let under a Resident Landlord agreement and is only available for working, non smoking, quiet and responsible tenants.
(Please see contact below)
Below are some maps that show the
approximate location of the property.
So that'll hopefully give you an idea of what the property
Now here's the contract, it may vary to suit both landlord and renter by agreement, but does give a good idea of the terms and conditions.
Please have a good read through
it if you're interested in viewing the room, especially the "rules"
Copy of contract
Rent and conditions
RENT: Your rent from __/__/____ will be £___ per week.
The rent is to be paid weekly or monthly in advance. .
Standing charges for the Electricity, Gas, Water, Wifi and Council Tax will be met
by the owner
The sum of £20 per week from your rent is your contribution towards
the bills, except electricity which is metered and charged at the rate set by the supplier. Any increase in the bills over this amount caused by your usage
will be chargeable.
The owner shall provide a television license for the property.
The owner shall be responsible for all repairs not caused by the paying
All repairs shall be carried out in "reasonable time".
Proof of Identity
Before signing the contract you may be asked to provide proof of your
identity. You must also provide a passport type photograph of yourself.
Details of your next of kin should be provided and may be checked.
DEPOSIT: Once you have signed this contract you will pay a deposit equivalent
to 4 weeks rent. This will be refundable upon vacation of the property
although deductions will be made for any damage or breakage's that have
not been previously replaced or rectified.
Before entering into this contract an inventory of items belonging to
the owner in this property must be checked, agreed upon and signed for.
Any damage should be noted at this point by either party so that responsibility
can be attributed correctly.
NOTICE TO QUIT 4 weeks notice to leave is required. The deposit can not
be used in lieu of rent during the last weeks of your stay.
The following conditions apply and you agree to abide by them. You could
be given notice to leave if you do not comply with any of them.
1. Your residence in my house is considered as having the status of "paying
guest". Your accommodation is considered to be as permanent as you
wish, provided your rent and utilities are paid on time and are not in
arrears, and you agree to comply with the following conditions. Limitations
apply see section 5. The owner reserves the right to give notice to quit
at any time without giving any reason.
2. Rent must be paid on time. If it is not kept in advance you will be
served notice-to quit in writing. If after seven days from the day the
rent is due in advance no rent has been received and no gesture to continue
residency as a paying guest is made, then your position as a paying guest
will be terminated immediately.
3. As your status is that of "paying guest" your rights to remaining
resident in this property are extremely limited. It is strongly advised
that you understand your legal position before entering in to this contract.
As a paying guest you can be evicted without a court order and normally
with notice equivalent to the time that rent is paid. In certain situations
(e.g. violent behavior or behavior likely to cause damage or risk damage
to the property or others resident within the property) eviction can take
place without notice!
4. You will be given 2 months notice of any rent or utility increases
that may occur.
5. You may be given 28 days notice to leave without any reason. If any
violent acts (not including self defense) are made by yourself, your guests
or associates, against the property or anyone in it, or associated with
it, you can be evicted immediately and a months rent plus any damages
will be subtracted from your deposit.
6. You must, upon signing this contract, provide a valid passport, your
next of kin's address and phone number and your previous address details
for the last 3 years.
7. You confirm that you are of good character and are legally able to
reside in the United Kingdom. You may be given notice to leave if any
of these guarantees are found to be untrue.
8. You may not take on loans or credit cards using this address as your
permanent residence . If you wish to use this address in a credit transaction
then permission may be given, however further information will be required.
9. No pets are to be kept in the property without prior permission in
writing from the owner.
10. No Children below the age of 16 may reside at this property without
prior permission from the owner.
11. You will keep all parts of the above address that you use clean and
tidy and report any defects immediately.
12. Your room and all internal communal areas must be kept in a sanitary
and hygienic condition.
13. You will not keep or allow to be kept any illegal items or drugs or
other illegal substances at the above address.
14. You will be responsible and liable for the actions of any of your
guests or visitors to the above address.
15. You are limited to having any one-guest stay over night to 3 nights
per month and any further use of the property by the same or any other
of your guests will be chargeable at a fee of £5 per night. Any
guest may only visit or stay by agreement of the other parties in the
property or owner.
16. The owner does not accept any liability for loss or consequential
loss resulting from theft occurring at the property.
17. Parties will not be allowed at this property. The maximum amount of
guests of the entire resident paying guest in the house at one time may
not be greater than 8 people.
18. If you lose the keys to the property you will be liable for the cost
of having the lock changed and 10 copies of the key made.
19. If you wish to decorate any area of the property you must get permission
from the owner beforehand. And may be asked to return the décor
to it's original state when your residency comes to an end, or pay for
the décor to be returned to its original state.
20. If you make holes in the walls, ceiling, or floors you may be liable
to rectifying the surfaces to their original state when your residency
comes to an end.
21. This is a no smoking house.
22. No candles are to be used within the property unless there is a power
cut, even when this situation occurs it is advisable to use torches.
23. You may not sublet any area of the property without prior permission
from the owner in writing.
24. Respect for the privacy, property and associates of all neighbours
of this property must be shown at all times. If the neighbours to this
property are disturbed unnecessarily by any "paying guest" notice
to quit may be given. Attention must be paid to noise levels especially
after 9pm at night until 9 am in the morning both within the property
and when entering or leaving the property.
25. Parking restrictions are enforced during certain times of the day,
please observe these carefully.
26. An alarm is fitted within the property, if you are the last person
to leave the property you are responsible for switching it to "armed"
27. Passing on information that may jeopardize the security of the property
or its inhabitants is forbidden. This includes making copies of any of
the keys to the property and passing on the alarm code or keys to anyone,
including friends or partners, without written permission from the landlord.
28. Any physical, verbal or written bullying of other members of this
household is forbidden. The owner aims to provide a "homely"
atmosphere therefore it is strongly recommended that all "paying
guests" err on the side of respect in their dealings with one another.
29. Any sexist, racist, homophobic, disablist abuse or harassment between
any members of this household will not be tolerated.
30. If any outstanding moneys are owed to the owner in relation to this
contract upon vacation of the property by the "paying guest"
then legal action may follow to recover such debts. Any legal expenses
incurred may have to be met by the "paying guest" too.
31. Any complaints regarding the actions of any other "paying guest"
or "the owner" should be made in writing as soon as possible
after the relevant incident has occurred.
32. In the event of a robbery or natural disaster or any other occurrence
for which responsibility can not be attributed to the owner no liability
33. THIS CONTRACT IS NOT SUBJECT TO A TIME LIMIT AND CAN BE CANCELLED
AT ANY TIME BY EITHER PARTY PROVIDED 4 WEEKS NOTICE IS GIVEN.
I have read the above terms and conditions and agree to abide by them
If you're still interested then please call Simon.